Pages

The Blog of Lynn Adams

This is the blog of Lynn Adams - I'm an artist, an illustrator, a doodler and a scribbler and occasionally some of it will make sense.

Monday 15 July 2013

My First Published Illustrations

Amelia and the Elf has finally been published! These are my first illustrations to be published so it's a little exciting. It's been a long slog - I had no experience of illustrating before this so it's been a very steep learning curve - I still feel very much in the dark and this is where I think that having an agent would help - I look back on the pictures and still feel they aren't good enough and should have done this or that better or done it in a totally different way - but I was lucky to have a great story to work from thanks to author Si Wall and this helped with fuelling my imagination. My art has definitely improved from doing this too and it's made me more determined to stick with my dream and be a real illustrator. I just need a proper job to finance my dream ;) 

Here's a link to the book on Amazon if you fancy treating yourself Amelia and the Elf and a few taster pictures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment